Tuesday 13 April 2010

Well...I'm out there...

End 2009 Henry suggested I would ‘show myself some more’. And when Henry talks about ‘myself’, I know they mean: who you really are.
And I thought I did. I really thought I did. But now I know: when Henry talks about ‘some more’, they mean MUCH more!
On March 11 my good friend Sandra send me an email about a competition. A writers competition, to be exact. The email came from Neale Donald Walsh and one of the initiators was James Twyman. Two gentlemen I feel a click with. So I was intrigued. After reading the email the intrigue had turned into disappointment. You could only enter this competition if you’d sign up for a workshop and yes, you had to pay for that.
And although I do understand the Universal Balance and I did understand that they wanted something in return, I’m also a big believer of the power of choice. And the only choice seemed to be: do the workshop and enter or don’t. So I didn’t. I wrote Sandra an email with my findings and went to bed.

The next morning Sandra replied and so I was faced with that email again (because it was still under our conversation) and that’s when I noticed a link to a website. And the minute I saw it, Henry said: you COULD investigate a little further…So I pushed the link and there was the choice: you could enter with a workshop or…you could enter without doing a workshop! I could hear Henry snigger. They were very pleased with this turn of events, that was for sure.
I wasn’t. I felt fear. I felt my comfort zone stretching. Talking about ‘showing yourself some more’! Not only would I step into a competition in another language (I’m from the Netherlands), but I immediately knew what book I supposed to enter. I’ve published three books so far and this one was the only one that’s also available in English. So that was a no-brainer. But this meant I had to show myself AND Henry. And that was even stretching it further.

It had been quite a challenge to be open about my conversations with this group of Higher Energy and by now it felt pretty comfortable in the privacy of my own message board (where Henry shares his vision in consultations and coachings). Putting the Dutch version of the book out, felt as a small step. But this competition asked every participant to promote the book with a video or audio! I’d never done anything like that…

But I did. I went through the fear and I did. I made a video (Henry showed me how it could look like and it turned out pretty much like that) and put it on YouTube. On March 29th the profile pages came online and I send out emails to ask people for their vote. Another stretch! But again I did.

After 1,5 weeks the Top 100 most votes getters where presented and I was on it! And this made it even more real. I’m really out there.

In this blog I’d like to take you along with me on this great adventure. To keep you informed, but also to share some travel stories about my journey to this point. Combined with Henry’s vision, of course. We’re a team and I’m ready to tell the world! Hello world! I’m here!

In gratitude,
Syl

1 comment: