Tuesday 18 May 2010

The next step is made…

As I´m up to my ears in my freelance job on Tuesday, I was quite surprised by this unexpected need to put my book proposal on the site. I had already finished a first draft, but I hadn´t looked at it anymore and suddenly there was this urge to get going.
So I took out this first attempt and read it very carefully. Besides needing some small additions, I still had a good feeling about it. I then took the time to figure out how it all worked (thanks to a helpful video it was no problem) and put it on there. To find out that it was more exciting then I thought! It really felt as a huge and powerful step, that even made me emotional. Very unusual.

And I felt proud, because I really stayed true to myself. We were giving some guide lines, that I kept in the back of my mind, but soon I felt restricted by them and decided to be true to myself.
Not a strange decision for me, because this fitted one of the most obvious processes of the last few months: being true to myself and showing myself as I really am. Not the image I think ‘they’ expect or what is easier to handle for some people. And that made it a very personal story, that I support completely.

Proud too, because suddenly I saw my own growth very clearly. As a control freak and perfectionist, the end result was always extremely important to me. And primarily the end result as I wanted it. Only then it was okay. And now, with this COOPetition, the end result is not an issue and plays no part in my decisions. During this Next Top Spiritual Author I realized that I really focus on the process! It is quite a step out of my comfort zone, so I stumble across many emotions, that I recognize and look at. And that’s it. That’s where my focus is. So unusual to find myself at this point!
And don’t get me wrong…I really want to move on to the third round, but it is not my goal. It is my goal to show myself as I am. That intention has been of overriding importance from the start. Taking myself seriously, taking my message seriously and taking it ‘out there’.
That’s what I’m doing and yes, it’s still very scary at times. But it also releases a power I can’t even put into words. Immense.

Today I made another step. The book proposal, the marketing plan…it’s all in place and on May 24th a part of it will become visible to everyone. Undoubtedly this will become a very exciting period again. Can I count on your support again? I hope so!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment